Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
An API is a software intermediary that makes it possible for application programs to interact with each other and share data. It's often an implementation of REST that exposes a specific software functionality while protecting the rest of the application.
APIs can be found under specific categories:
All APIs are listed in alphabetical order:
- Analytics (Vendor) - getting analytics data from multiple analytics codes to create useful reports
- Buildings - location of Yale campus buildings
- CAS - Central Authentication Service
- Courses - Course listings and course subjects being taught at Yale
- COA Validator - Finance, validates Chart of Accounts number is correct, requires approval request to be submitted, private
- Cultural Heritage - museums, libraries, and galleries
- Dining (Vendor) - menus, dining facilities, etc.
- Energy - Consumption of various utilities at Yale
- Events - events data that is part of the Yale Calendar of Events
- Identity Data Repository (IDR) - People, provides real-time data regarding to Yale identities for high performance applications ie. Yale Directory, requires approval request to be submitted, private
- Laundry - machines used and their availability
- Maps - GIS and map data
- MediaCore (Vendor) - Audio, Video, Sound, PDF, and other multimedia stored and used by campus community
- OrgDirectory - List of Organizations at Yale, contains phone and link to website
- PaperCut - locations of printers around Yale campus
- People Hub Data & Technical Documents - People, provides (daily) updated access to data regarding Yale identities for most applications, requires approval request to be submitted, private
- People Profiles - Provided by Yale School of Medicine (YMS) is people profile system
- Persistent Linking Service [Under development] - ability for Yale to create, read, update, delete permanent links (Handles) used in publications to websites, web pages, online resources.
- Photos (Vendor) - Official photos of Yale events published on Flickr
- Qualtrics (Vendor) - Survey system adopted by Yale, allows for access to data
- SAML Authentication - Ways to integrate Yale SAML authentication with your applications and services
- System Status (ITS) - Data feed providing information on active, scheduled, and archived system outages
- System Status v2 (ITS) - Information on active, scheduled, and archived system outages
- University Messages - Official Messages from Yale University
- Videos (Vendor) - various (campus, courses, SOM, YSM, YCBA, etc.) video's published by Yale units on YouTube
- Yale Shuttles (Vendor) - bus routes and near real-time bus location provided by TransLoc
- YODA Project - clinical research data, project advocates for the responsible sharing of clinical research data, open science, and research transparency.
- ZipCar (Vendor) - locations and details of ZipCar fleet on campus
For additional data requests please contact our support team.